How the charger works:
- Place the charger solar-side up in the sun.
- Connect your device to the charger using a male 12V car charger adapter and the included female 12V car charger adapter.
- Optionally, the charger can be connected directly to a 12V battery for battery charging and power storage.
- Note - unlike the USB+AA and AA solar chargers there is no
storage mechanism, meaning the charger will only produce DC power while
in the sun.
What's in the package?
- 1 x 10W foldable solar charger
- 1 x RA-2 12V female car charger adapter (CLA)
Q: What can this 10 watt charger work with?
A: This is a great charger for keeping cell phones charged or small external USB battery packs. A great solar charger for backpackers, hikers, bicyclists... that want to save on weight and portability. Great for emergency power to keep your cell phone charged.
Q: How long will this take to charge up a cell phone, such as an iPhone X?
A: This charger should be able to fully charge a standard mobile phone in about 5 to 6 hours in full sunlight.
Q: Do I need a charge controller, such as the RA-9 to directly charge a 12 volt car battery?
A: No, for a lead acid car battery, you can directly charge it with this 10 watt panel without using a solar charge controller. It will operate like a trickle charger for this size of a battery.
Q: What accessories are recommended for the F15-600?
A: We recommend the RA-14 or RA-14B USB adapters to charge cell phones using a USB cable that connects to your phone. Also the RA-7 15' extension cable is nice to extend the length in order to keep your panel in the sun and phone or battery in the shade. We also recommend a small battery, such as the XP2000K to store power for use when the sun goes down.